Part 7-Sewing the Fur Ruff Lining to the Front Ruff Interfacing
- Sewing the Fur Ruff Lining
Seam Allowance is 1/4 inch for this part of the sewing.
- If you have a serger, serge completely around the lining material.
- Sew together the smaller ruff front facing patters pieces L & M.
- Sew these right sides together on the fur side of the ruff, using a 1/4 inch SA.
- The fur should be hanging down in the direction it naturally grows.
- Fold the attached front facing down.
- Sew together the larger ruff facing pattern pieces N & O.
- Ruff Front facing lining must be turned up.
- Lay this larger bias strip on the fur ruff and small bias strip, right sides together.
- Machine stitch starting at the lower left hand corner, across the bias ruff front facing and down to the right hand corner.
- Turn right side out.
- Turn down the edge of the fabric so the skin side is covered.
- Use a fur needle and a double-threaded waxed thread to sew the seam, using running stitches, 3/8 inches apart across the skin side of the fur ruff.
- Sew tiny stitches in the fabric, and larger stitches in the skin.
If you would like us to make a fur ruff for you, please go to the link listed below: